Sunday, October 31, 2010

Hale Farm & Village's Christmas Holiday event

Hello, friends. It has been a while since my last blog. The Schoenbrunn Village show was very nice and the weather co-operated. I met quite a few wool spinners and enjoyed sharing experiences.

I have just signed on to demonstrate drop spinning at Hale Farm & Village, Bath, Ohio on Decemer 4th & 11th from 12-5 each day. I will be toting along my wool supply. The farm and village are closed for the season, but they are having this event in the museum store. Drop in if you are in the area and look me up. You can Google Hale Farm & Village for directions.

It has been a very quiet Fall here on Thistledew Farm. The sheep are still grazing the pasture. I will start giving them hay in the next week or so. They let me know when the grass is getting thin. They are pretty vocal and form a great "Sheep Glee Club". The first verse is: Give us Hay. The second verse is: And some Corn too.

Today friends of ours came out to take pictures of Percy. They are sending a hat that I made from his wool to their granddaughter in Colorado and thought she might like to see the wool donor. Percy is a very handsome lad and he obliged them with a fearsome stance. For his participation he and everyone else in the herd got a bucket of corn to share. This was a real treat for them.

Next week my friend Becky is visiting from PA. We will be doing some serious spinning and weaving and I am looking forward to her advice and help. We will be spending many hours holed-up in my workshop, away from the T.V. in the house. That will give Keith peace and quiet!

Until, the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment